Have I gone crazy

chance

Okay 2 weeks ago I bought 3 scarlet hermit crabs they all were doing good.then on Sunday I saw that there was a hermit crab that had been ripped out of its shell
So I took the dead crab out of the the tank and buried it I left the shell in the tank because I thought another crab had killed it for its shell of the dead hermit crab it was empty. Now today when i looked in the tank I saw 3 hermit crabs all of them were alive does any body now how this happend?

bizkitpug

They crawl out of their shell and shed their skin. It looks just like the real thing. Then they crawl back into their shell so their skin can harden and when it is safe they start to move around again.

chance

Originally Posted by bizkitpug
They crawl out of their shell and shed their skin. It looks just like the real thing. Then they crawl back into their shell so their skin can harden and when it is safe they start to move around again.
Thats what i thought happend but I wasnt realy sure because the molt looked very real
Thanks

Originally Posted by Chance
Thats what i thought happend but I wasnt realy sure because the molt looked very real
Thanks
I just had a sally light foot molt and freaked out when I first saw it. Perfect in every way.....but my little guy was alive and well hanging out under his special rock hang out.

chance

Originally Posted by Princess8077
I just had a sally light foot molt and freaked out when I first saw it. Perfect in every way.....but my little guy was alive and well hanging out under his special rock hang out.

MIne looked perfect to but i never saw the crab hidding so i thought he was dead