Have you ever been stung?

slothy

hmm i play with my hammer coral (moving it around)... maybe it just likes me hehe never been stung.. hehe watch tomorrows post.. slothy gets stung by his hammer coral and dies... (

iechy

Me too Slothy! No I'm not going to die tomorrow too (I hope) I mean I move my hammer around all the time and have never felt anything. I move my hammer, long tentacled plate, bubble, and torch around and have never had a problem. I guess if you treat them right they'll play nice:D

jonthefb

a guy called the lfs that i work at and was like "dude what do you do if you get srung by a lionfish?" i asked why and he said that he was working in th etank, forgot it was there and reached for a rock, but accidentally got a handful of lion spines. he thought it was hillarious and then was like"man its shooting up my arm now. " we all told him t run howater over it. as hot as he could stand, and if he had any adverse reactions to go to the hospital. it was kinda funny. ive only been stung by carpet anemones, and lt plate corals!
jon

spyderreef

My arm still has large red bumps on it. It does not itch but it looks bad. I was stung when my wrist touched the hammer when I was moving things around and it was fully open. I most likely was touching it and did not realize it and stayed there too long. I didn't feel a sting just a burning sensation afterwards. Won't do that again.

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody.
Remember, if anything remotely bothers you, PEE ON IT!!
Just wash your hands before eating.

Originally posted by krishj39
leaky tank? pee on it!
aggressive fish? pee on it!
old light bulbs? pee on it!

I do believe that i have seen a simalar post like this recently as well. I have never had any reaction to corals or anenomies. But boy did i have one from a dwarf fuzzy lion OUCH ! not recomended, Though i just used hot water, next time i'll try`it and PEE on it :p
Though krish I noticed your pee on it remedy , I really hope that those bulbs are unplugged from the fixtures. Otherwise it maybe kinda like peeing on a electirc fence.ZAPP !!
LOL :D

treyc.

Stung by my 3yr old Ritteri oh every time I stick my hand in the tank HE/SHE/IT is 21(12in. when bought) inches in diameter completey covers the middle of a 55g, leaves 1/4in to 1/2in WELTS................:eek: and just to add to slothy and iechy what condition are they in,because if they dont sting it probaly means low energy reserve(poor health) same for anemones if its not sticky or doesnt sting. Bottom line is they should:)

iechy

I don't have any anemones and I would think that would likely be true of them but I'm not sure that is true with the corals. My guess is that they are well fed and not trying to capture food and that is why. All of the corals I mentioned are in great condition and growing nicely so I don't think it is because they are unhealthy that they are not stinging me.

since everybody is talking on how good pee is, i thought i would add to this post. it also gets rid of zits and athletes foot too!! also, (and i'm not joking around here), the best way to cycle a tank is to pee in a cup and pour it on in! just my 2 cents.

j21kickster

So if my power strip starts sparking- I will just pee all over it. Anyone see Ren and Stimpy when they played "Dont whiz on the electric fence"?lol

rich1515

I actually had a LFS employee tell me when I was starting my tank that he would pee on the bio-wheels to "jumpstart" my tank...
One word, ewwwwwwww

reefsoe

Great episode...
But yea i heard pee in the tank and the filters, sponges ect...
its all amonia, its a wonder how useful it is, just like duct tape.
Well i think im gunna go pee on my bushes see if its like miracle grow too.

i got stung by a worm too. I crapped on my hand and rubbed it all over my body and it slowly went away
did you realy do that?:eek:

Originally posted by j21kickster
So if my power strip starts sparking- I will just pee all over it. Anyone see Ren and Stimpy when they played "Dont pee on the electric fence"?lol

LOL thats what i thought of , ROFL!!!!

Ive gotten stun about a couple of times scuba diving from Fire Corals and others. its no fun I just get to close to corals and thats what happens. and the fact to run hot water is very important because since it feels like it is burning many people think at first to put ice over the pain to cool it down but that will just make it worse, so always keep that in mind. it hasnt happen to me but I have heard some stories about that.