Have you ever litter trained a bunny?

oaktree

My uh "friend" has a bunny and she uses her box all the time she hardly ever goes anywhere else except my I mean my "friends" sheets The other night I crashed on my couch and uh Lucy "bunny" had free run of the living room and she did great I woke up the next day and my pillow was on the floor so I or my "friend" picked it up and snuggled all up in it about thirty seconds later I notice my shirt felt cold well I guess Lucy marked my pillow as hers :mad: I threw it back on the floor and Lucy spent the day in her cage I was just wondering if any of you have your bunnies litter trained and will she always go on my sheets is she marking them or is this just by chance she hasn't wet anywhere else except my pillow and my sheets

f1shman

Yup I have. I had my satin rabbit have a room of its own. There was two doors, and one door was closed nad the other one had the cage in it. So I just opened the door, and she run around the room all day. And then when she had to go, she would run back into the cage, and go in the litter box thing.

birdy

Is Lucy spayed? If not that might help, although it is normally just male bunnies that mark.

nomad

I have had a litter box trained rabbit, she wasn't spayed. At the time we lived in a 2,000 square ft house and she was loose in the house all the time after the first two weeks and, except for a few bunny beans when she would wait a little too long (usually because she was playing with the dog), she never had any accidents over the years we had her. During the first two weeks she was only loose in the house when we could watch her so that every 20-30 minutes we would put her in her potty and praise her. When she did her business in in box she would get even more praise. Whenever she went in an inappropriate place, we would take her over to the spot and make a big fuss about the "phooey, shame, shame" thing she did and then put her and her mess (leave the mess there for a while to properly scent the potty) in potty box and praise her.
Obviously, the bunny you're dealing with isn't completely potty trained or the bunny thinks she is the dominant being in the household. You need to go back to step one and repotty train the bunny or else cage the bunny whenever you can't keep an eye on her.

oaktree

Went back to the basics Lucy is doing great so far and I have a visit to the vet next week to get her spayed She has learned to jump up on the couch she will sit and watch TV with me now Thanks for the advice no mistakes so far she watches for me to praise her when she goes in her litter box now She is really sweeter than any new Kitten I have ever had