Have You Ever "RE-Gifted"???

ruaround

inspired by the worst present thread... i was wondering if anyone has ever regifted???
i have a couple times... if i have received a bottle of wine or one of those gift boxes with cheese, crackers, summer sausage and mustard in em i will take them to a party and give them to the host... but i havent ever rewraped something and given it to a friend or family member...
a side story - when i worked for a grocery chain one year for a gag gift i gave the Store Director a canned ham... i received it from him the next year... a few years had gone by and i was working for him again (we both had transferred to different stores) i wrapped it up and gave it back to him... the look on his face was priceless!!! he couldnt believe that i still had it... he then threw it away saying that it had ran its course... well the next year guess what i got... yup he had fished it back out of the trash and gave it back to me the next year... we no longer work together but i came across it and i am thinking he is gonna get a secret santa via USPS...

miaheatlvr

Re-Gifted a nice bottle of COLOGNE that I hate and gave it to my girlfriends DAD,, he loved it!! and it saved me $60.. he he

ric maniac

i re gifted a protein skimmer (my grandma got it for me when i didnt have a sw tank. she thought i could use it with a fw tank
) but its the thought that counts.

stdreb27

regifting is my secret talent. Today I got a box of pecans as a gift from work, It now has my mothers name on it. Sadly she will love it. And it will save me 30 bucks.

t316

Just got one of those "desk paper weight" things. It was golf ball related. But what gave it away (other than '"who would want this") was that one end of the box was missing it's styrofoam.
Point being...if you are going to do it....give it to someone who would actually "want" it. And #2, don't make it obvious.

scsinet

My fiance is regifting the Rachel Ray cookbook my sister got her last year to her aunt this year.
The recipes sucked anyway.
No matter. Her aunt is a sucky cook.

T

tizzo

I got a fondue set, but the one I wanted had a double boiler, so I bought the one I wanted and "regifted" the sterno can one.
But she knew it was a regift, she still loved it!
I told my dad I wanted slippers, feet lotion and polish and all that for christmas. HE asked ME if I minded regifted stuff! He said he got all that for my mom and she never touched it, I said heck yeah I want it!!

mrdc

Yes I have regifted some junk that I received at an office Christmas party. I'm sure whoever got my regift went ahead and re-regifted it!!!

fishycpa

Last year, a co-worker gave me a bottle of port wine, and my wife and I don't drink, so we re-gifted to a cousin who does.

t316

Originally Posted by fishyCPA
Last year, a co-worker gave me a bottle of port wine, and my wife and I don't drink, so we re-gifted to a cousin who does.

t316

Are you laughing b/c i re-gifted wine, or b/c I don't drink?
the whole thing in general...just found it funny..."don't like it, so give it to cuz"

scsinet

Are you laughing b/c i re-gifted wine, or b/c I don't drink?
I'M
laughing because you don't drink.
Not that there is anything wrong with that... but if not for alcohol... I'd be in jail for killing my boss.

phunckie

I have a very large family, so no one can afford to buy for everyone. So, everyone brings a gift and we play dirty santa.
the first 4 or 5 years we were married, my wife and regifted wedding gifts for our dirty santa gifts..... and all of my aunts FOUGHT over the stuff we thought was ugly.... go figure.

sluggo

Originally Posted by SCSInet
I'M
laughing because you don't drink.
Not that there is anything wrong with that... but if not for alcohol... I'd be in jail for killing my boss.
You and me both, and I am the boss.

sinner's g

yep. I regift all the time. esp stuff my mil gives me. If I don't like it or want it, I'll give it to someone who does.

scotts

Out of this whole thread this is is still what I find the most amusing.
Originally Posted by ruaround
one year for a gag gift i gave the Store Director a canned ham... i received it from him the next year...
a few years had gone by and i was working for him again well the next year guess what i got... yup he had fished it back out of the trash and gave it back to me the next year...
but i came across it
I mean how old is this ham and how do you "come across" an ancient ham that had been fished out of a trash can?

ruaround

Originally Posted by Scotts
Out of this whole thread this is is still what I find the most amusing.
I mean how old is this ham and how do you "come across" an ancient ham that had been fished out of a trash can?

the first time i gave it to him was 13 years ago... lol!!! i just checked it and it expired in 1999...

i came across it in some old box in the garage that was bein thrown out...