have you found a easy way

robster

Im in the process of trying to remove a damsel that decided last week that corals tasted good im just short of pulling half my reef apart as the last resort.....any new ideas out there?id like to hear um.

b_ball12_99

Try feeding and snatching him then. I've never heard of a damsel eating a coral. Did you see him eat it? You might have hitchhikers in you lr if you didn't see him eat them.

mad_dog

Try using a siphon tube, they come in a varity of diameters or use tubing and make your own. Fish it around and pull a vacuum on that dude.

robster

thanks for the replys this damsel has been seen lots of times pecking at at corals i forget the name but it is silver body yello top fin two tone blue bottom fins feeding and neeting is useless hes to smart for that i may try the sucktion method though thanks

npaladen

You could try two nets. If you clear out an open space in the tank scare him over there into the open. Then use a large net to block him from running and a smaller one to corner him and actually catch him.
The downside is that there has to be an open space with no rock otherwise I promise he will get away.
HTH

johnnysalt

yeah....after you spend an hour and get frustrated/wet enough with your two nets, go borrow a fish trap from your lfs! With a hungry damsel, it'll probably only take a few minutes....mine sure did! :cool:

robster

well i caught the little

[hr]
bad news is i lost my blue 96w pc in the process the good news is i fed him to what is now a very happy lionfish.....i have q in diy about changing the 110w ballest for this pc to vho bulbs but i do not know what the ends of a vho bulb look like if andoby knows could ya go look at the disription of ballest,,,,,thanks