Have you tried this SCWD??

I have just go this and wondered if anyone has tried this yet??
It is a Device that you hook up to either a power head or your return pump and it switches back and forth creating a random current. It looks like it will replace power heads in my tank. I was just wondering if anyone had tried it yet.

H

hurley

I use one on one of my tanks. It works really good & is very easy to hook up. I really like the fact that it switches current flow & you dont have to have a power sweep in the tank view. :D

nm reef

AKA "the squid"...I've been looking at using a couple of them when I develope a new display. From everything I've seen and heard it is a decent way to alter return flow and create chaotic/random current. Has anybody been using this device for extended periods with success?
I also am considering using a couple of seaswirls...a bit more expensive...but very effective at creating random currents.:cool:

jim672

I asked Santa to bring me a RFWC (Reef Fanatic Wave Creator) for Christmas. I guess I was a good boy because I got one!!
I've been using it since and like it very much. It will handle up to 4 different powerheads/pumps and has a choice of 8 different flow patterns for daylight operation. It has an automatic/light sensitive night-time gentle flow setting. You can also temporarily shut all powerheads/pumps down for feeding. I was $110 plus tax and shipping.
Jim

pyro383

go to --, there is 2 threads on this, 1 is about 22 pages long and have pics of actual setups. I have one but not in use until I set up my sump