hawaiian black trigger calm or killer

jonny

looking to get one of these cause next to the clown hes my favorite. the clown trigger is just sweet but too destructive. so anyways the black is prolly my favorite that i could get. anyways. i have heard its passive but i have also heard its really aggresive. i have 2 at my lfs on is about 5in and hes pretty cool and passive for the most part, then there is a 7in that seems to be aggressive. i have heard on here that they are kinda passive? actually in a post thats active right now. i have also heard to stay away from them. anyone have them with any tangs or angels and how are they doing.
thanx
if i got one i would be going for the 3-4in size if i could find them

fastazzr1

Originally Posted by jonny
looking to get one of these cause next to the clown hes my favorite. the clown trigger is just sweet but too destructive. so anyways the black is prolly my favorite that i could get. anyways. i have heard its passive but i have also heard its really aggresive. i have 2 at my lfs on is about 5in and hes pretty cool and passive for the most part, then there is a 7in that seems to be aggressive. i have heard on here that they are kinda passive? actually in a post thats active right now. i have also heard to stay away from them. anyone have them with any tangs or angels and how are they doing.
thanx
if i got one i would be going for the 3-4in size if i could find them
mines is very passive, just like to swim alot.

bigman

same with mines , but alittle aggresive when its feeding time they go after the food hard. But thats about it.

gnorman

recently my sargassum trigger died and i have been in the market for a new trigger....
u guys recommend the Hawaiian black trigger or a pair of bluejaws?
both are very passive am i correct?

gnorman

the Hawaiian black triggers are pretty tame, but to knowledge the bluejaws and crosshatchs are the tamest. you should be ok going with a black trigger tho. depends on your tankmates.

hatessushi

I have a one with a Kole Tang, Coral Beauty, Maroon Clown and Diamond Goby. He is very tame but does chase the tang once in a while. I think the tang is actually more aggressive. He doesn't bother the others. the maroon clown sometimes chases the trigger away from his territory. I agree that they become a bit more aggressive at feeding time but what fish doesn't? I just make sure he gets fed first and then he goes and hides while I feed the others. I just finished teaching him to roll over every time I feed him. The Hawaiian Triggers are so smart.

jonny

Originally Posted by Vanos
The black hawaiian triggers can get huge.
yes my lfs got one on accident that was almost 10in. i know they can get up there is size as well. it was sweet though. to bad my tank wasn't a little bit bigger or i'd got him.