Hawaiian Dragon Eel

moraymike

I've had this guy going on 4 years. He was less than a ft. long when I got him... Unfortunately, I can't keep any fish with him... He thinks any tank mates are a snack.

ozzfan84

ive had one for four years as well! he looks almost the same as yours, and i keep him in a 125 tank with a huge grouper.

moraymike

Thanks... this guy currently resides in a 55. I've made a couple of attempts at keeping him in the big tank (250 gal), but he's just too mean.

inkman2004

Man he is beautifull. Sucks when you can only have one thing in the tank. Looks like he has enough color for the whole tank though!

sharkboy97

exile nobody cares about your post count u just posted on almost every thread in this forum
how big do these eels get and does he have any tank mates

outcasts9

Did I ask you to care ?
Thats a great start for a an arguement. Keep it up you two.
I always wanted to have one of those but they are too expensive

moraymike

Another pic...
These guys don't get much over 30 inches... Feeding for this guy has never been a problem. A few years ago when I got him, they were going for around $350, but being that they are getting very hard to get, they are much more expensive now.

f1shman

$350!! Man I don't know if I'd be able to spend that much, what if he woulda died
but thats like the most beautiful eel I have ever seen!! so I guess its worth it!! (blue ribbon eel is real pretty too, but they are like impossible to keep, arent they)

moraymike

Yeah, he wasn't cheap, but he's been worth every penny. The good thing is that eels are pretty hardy creatures.

f1shman

i had a snowflake, he wouldn't eat :mad: but I just rememberd I was retarded and had the fish store guy feed him, and he didn't eat, and the guy said "well he ate a ton this morning" mofo tricked me.. i got a non-eater!!!!

kdfrosty

They currently have a bright red "Japanese Dragon Eel" up for auction on that famous auction site. Bidding is up to $810 with 6 bids and over a day left.