Hawkfish Tankmates

granny

A Clown, A Chromis, A Firefish, A Blenny Or Gobie, Small Wrasse. A Psuedochromis Or Gramma Would Work Well And Give You Some Bright Color As Well.

granny

If It Is Tiny Enough, Probably So. They Pretty Much Inhale Small Shrimp So Could Do In A Small Goby As Well. Look For One Of The Larger Gobies Like The Sleepers. How Large Is Your Hawk Now?
As I Think About It, Something That Is Up Off The Rocks Like The Gramma Or Psuedochromis Would Probably Be Better-
Do You Have A Sand Or Small Coral Substrate?

promisetbg

I have a flamehawk with tiny to large shrimp and also small fish. I have had him over a year, he has never eaten any of my fish or shrimp.
A goby,blenny or any non-aggressive fish would be good. A sleeper goby could starve in a 29 gal tank.

kiriapollo

I have a Hawaiian Hawk. Since I've had him, for approx. 6 mnths., He has eaten my camel backs, two hermit crabs, and every single nassarius snail that I have ever bought. He doesn't seem to mind the Blue Damsel. And he leaves the green manderine alone. I would too if I was toxic. He also doesn't seem to bother my Jumbo Tiger Turbo Snail or my big Reg. Turbo Snail. Actually, my Blue has killed four Four Lined Damsels and two other Blues.