He hatched last night

ac

CDubbs
He's about 6 inches long, and he's been very active exploring his new surroundings.

ac

Polarpooch,
The only thing special is having the patience to wait for the shark to hatch. I've had the egg about a month. Right now he's in a custom 200 but once he starts eating and gets a little more size he'll get moved into a 320.

grouperhead

Suhhhhhhweeeeeeet! That's awesome AC! What's the ray doing now that the egg is gone? ;) Keep us updated on how he does. Bo

ac

Grouperhead,
Check out the pictures under "Guardian of the egg". The ray stays by the baby shark, and the shark tries to swim under the ray. It's the funniest thing I've ever seen.:D

stacyt

Cool. Best of luck with him, and hopefully he'll be eating soon. I like the pic of the ray, and egg in the other post. Took me a minute to find the ray.

davidsmith1019

how long does it usualy take to hatch . i have one in my tabk for about 4 weeks now, if it died how will you know and if its living what signs should i look for i see the egg move all the tome so i am guessing he is alive

ac

You can shine a light through the egg and see the gill movement and determine if it's alive. The egg won't hatch until the yolk sack is gone. You can see that also when you shine the light. The egg I had the yolk sack was about the size of a quarter and it took a month before it hatched. HTH

ac

ozadars
The size in gallons really isn't the main point. They need a lot of area and not so much depth. My feeling is the 65 gallon is going to be too small. The tank I have mine in I had made specially for the sting rays and sharks. It's 84X30X18 which is about 200 gallons. HTH