He Sold Himself.

cincyreefer

I am positive it is a queen... I'll post a few progession pics of the one I had from when it was a juvi that looked just like yours until it was just about in full adult coloration.

R

royalshrimp

i think there is something with the stripes being curved or something??? if the first 2 are straight its a blue...or something like that:notsure: thats probably how technic knows its a blue

tyr-sog

I'm going to have to disagree and say it's a Queen. Just doing a google search on both Queens and Blues brought up many juveniles.
Mine looks exactly like the Queen, more orange and blue in its fins while the Blue leans more yellow.
Queen Example
Blue Angelfish
Another link to Blue Angel
With those sources plus my Angelfish book I'm really confident now that it's a queen.

tyr-sog

It's tough but I'd put money on its a Queen. The orange in the fins give it away.
How big was yours at purchase?
Beautiful btw cincy

cincyreefer

Probably 1 1/2" or so. The first picture was actually about a month after I first got it... and it grew ALOT the first few months for me. I can't find the picture of when I first got it, but it looked dead on yours.

tyr-sog

Wow, she grew a lot in a year, how big is it now?
I like this angel because it's not skittish or shy at all.
My Maculosus I barely even see. Just darts from cove to cove and to grab some food, then back in to the cove.
How is yours personality?

anglachel

I had a queen for a year or so, at about 6". Great fish, very bold, curious, gorgeous, ate anything that got near it.
I wish i had the tank for another one :(
Ill just have to live vicariously through your posts :)
good luck!

technik

I must have gotten a Queen instead of a Blue when I ordered mine since it looks just like yours. Very stunning fish.

tyr-sog

Originally posted by anglachel
Ill just have to live vicariously through your posts :)
good luck!

Feel free! I have to admit that this fish for some reason was the most exciting I have brought home.
I'll be sure to post updates and pictures.

tyr-sog

Originally posted by Technik
I must have gotten a Queen instead of a Blue when I ordered mine since it looks just like yours. Very stunning fish.

Hmmm, How bis was it when you got it? What about now? Any pictures?

tyr-sog

Well he's grazing like crazy but I couldn't get him to eat some mysis just now. He didn't avoid it( I had the lfs feed him froozen mysis, he ate it), I think he's just to busy grazing and didn't notice it before it was gone. Which it was gone fast from the other fish.
Corals? None yet. Hopefully he takes lessons form my other angel and avoids them :D

tjswanson

hey Cincy, I was wondering if you could post some more pics of your Emperor Angel. They are my favorite fish and I was wanting to see how much it has changed. Thanks.

tyr-sog

Well I got home today and I hate to say it but something is majorly wrong with my Queen. I think he has became victim to the stress of morphing over to adult colors. He's swimming in circles and seems to be in a confused state. No physhical trama nor parasites visiable. Accept for the adult color transformation all colors are as normal. It doesn't lok to good anyhow. :(
This might send me in to a tank sell. I toyed with the nothion a couple of time but this little guys personality was just awsome so I decided to keep it.

chris17

WOW!!!! Those fish are amazing, the coloration and their size are just crazy..................what kind of fish is that, in the pic that has both fish in it, the dark blue one,.........those fish are sweet looking............Awsome fish though.........Its the pic with the shrooms in it.....