He went belly up!

My false percula died this morning =( He was alive at 8am when I woke up and buried in the sand by the nassarius snails at 10:30am when I left. Somewhere in between the 2 and a half hours something happened. I had to leave him in there until I got home from work at 8:30pm since I was already running late and couldn't waste anymore time. I expected a huge ammonia spike when I tested the water but everything is normal.
10 Gal Nano Tank
Power head and Biowheel filter
Salinity was at 1.026 and I just lowered it to 1.025
pH was at 7.8 I just raised it to 8.3
Nitrates were at 5
Nitrites 0
Ammonia 0
He wasn't starved, he actually ate very well. I was feeding him almost daily until the sand started to get really bad so I limited it to every other day.
The crabs, snails, and the shrimp are all doing just fine from what I can tell.
So what killed him?

michaeltx

how fast did you change the PH?
I would suspect one of the crabs got him somehow. what kind of crabs do you have in there?
Mike

I added half a gallon of purified water with pH buffer. I usually put pH buffer in the gallon when its full but I didn't do it the last time I added water cause the pH was fine. And when I added it this time I put the normal amount instead of half, so I got a large jump.
Crab wise I have like 3 hermits and an emerald. When I found him this morning he was covered by nassarius snails.
Originally Posted by MichaelTX
http:///forum/post/2623687
how fast did you change the PH?
I would suspect one of the crabs got him somehow. what kind of crabs do you have in there?
Mike