Heater brand help????

cjml

Recently bought a Pro heat 2 heater-have read some reviews about this heater and they are not good..I am concerned...does anyone have any input about this heater-or what is a good safe heater? We had a glass one before this one and we were afraid it would not last-or would braek. Thanks for any info........

I've had an ebo-jager for 8 months now. From what I read when I was looking into what heater get back then it seemed to be the best heater to get. The only thing I don't like about it is that the thermostat isn't very accurate. It's set for 71 and the tank stays at 80. Its very constant though; the temp doesn't flucuate more than .2 of a degree either way in a day (Hey! I'm a poet and I didn't even know it
).

zman1

Won Pro II are a POS and I don't mean Point-Of- Sale. Had three go bad each at the year mark.

fbm

I use 2 visi therm stealth heaters. Just because they will not break like glass will. Plus they are warranteed for life and I have temperature fluctuations of at most .2 and most days doesn't move from 79.8. And also the temp indicator on the heaters are pretty accurate as well.

f14peter

Originally Posted by fbm
I use 2 visi therm stealth heaters. Just because they will not break like glass will. Plus they are warranteed for life and I have temperature fluctuations of at most .2 and most days doesn't move from 79.8. And also the temp indicator on the heaters are pretty accurate as well.
I have two VisiTherms too (200w X2 for a 90g, one in the sump and one in the tank) and so far they're working well. Granted, only been using them for 4-5 months (Hardly a good case-study period), but they keep the temp pretty steady, maybe .4 or .5 variation depending upon what's going on with the ambient temperature. At night the house can get down around 60-62 degrees F, but the tank's always right about 77.5.

cjml

Thanks --it seems to be working ok for now-will watch temp carefully. One thing about it is the temperature sensor has a suction cup to keep it in the water-the suction will not last and the sensor will come up out of the water which could be a very bad thing-so we secured the sensor probe so it stays in the water so as not to get false readings. But of course it does not warn you of this anywhere in the directions of how to set it up. Always something to worry about with this hobby! :happyfish :happyfish

cjml

Originally Posted by COWFISHRULE
i got the won bros heater- 300w w/ the digital temp gauge.
i love it!!
Thats the type we have-how long have you had it?

cjml

Originally Posted by zman1
Won Pro II are a POS and I don't mean Point-Of- Sale. Had three go bad each at the year mark.
What went bad?

cowfishrule

Originally Posted by zman1

i've been through 3 ipods in 18 months
doesnt mean they are a POS
you have to qualify this...

earlybird

i've been through 3 ipods in 18 months
doesnt mean they are a POS
you have to qualify this...
:notsure: Upgrade or just don't take care of your stuff?

zman1

Originally Posted by cjml
What went bad?

Here is a picture of two of them. See if you can figure out what doesn't look right. The third one is in a box - same condition. At least they didn't stay on, just never turn on. I was all for these heaters right after I bought the first one, I went and bought 2 more. All three are junk at the year mark from purchase. Only a 1 year warranty.

zman1

2+ years.

Your production run must have been better than the ones I got.

cowfishrule

Originally Posted by earlybird
:notsure: Upgrade or just don't take care of your stuff?

all three have had hard drive failures.
that infamous grinding / clicking sound.
even the guy @ the apple store (who know me by name now) cant believe the absolute disaster that i have had with them.

acrylic51

Jalli titanium heaters are my #1 choice followed by EboJager.....The only bad thing about EboJagers' are their size......