heater for sump ?

scottyc

i have a 72 gal bow display tank with a 15 gal(aquarium) sump below.since my tank was already setup then i decided to go with the
sump route,i had very little room. my stand takes the shape of the tank,so
towards the ends of the stand it narrows quite a bit. i was only able to
get a 15 gal sump(aquarium) through the front doors. in it, there are no
baffles,just the heater,filter bag,pump for my protein skimmer(the skimmer
sits outside which helps me with more volume in the sump) and my return
pump. im thinking of adding a fuge to it so my ? is there a more compact,reliable heater other than the typical,glass cylinder shaped ones. i have a rena one in there and laying it across takes up so much room,that adding baffles to make a fuge compartment is nearly impossible. any ideas comments??

squidd

ETH makes some nice "in-line" heaters to totally remove it from your sump (run on return line)
Or you could two or even three "smaller" heaters..as long as the total wattage is around 5-6 watts per gallon...
Put one in the sump, one in the fuge, etc..

scottyc

if you reread my post my sump is a 15gl aquarium,not very long nor wide. mmy heater,a rena cal 300w is to long to fit width wise,so its laying length wise. the problem is by laying it length wise ,combined w/ my p-skimmer & return pump it leaves virtually no room for baffles to make a fuge,which is what i'm ultimately looking to do. i was just wondering why/if they make a heater, similar in size to a mag pump for instance:)