Hello Again

kris

Hi Beth and MR. SALTY- I see you are both still hangin out here, and as sharks no less. Remember me, I was a shark (moderator) here quite a while ago. I had to quit for a while 'cause I was getting obsessed, spent way too much time here. I have four kids now and am running a 100 gallon FO W/ LR, and a 40g with alot of live rock which has turned itself into a reef. I see new creatures everyday. I have all my favorite fish now, and my my new and improved set-ups have been awesome for over a year. I don't remember if I was still here during my "great kill". Long story, I was devastated, didn't start up again for a while ('till I couldn't stand walking by my empty tanks anymore) Now I have bigger tanks and life is very, very good for all my fish and me. Anyway I was surprised to see you guys still here, so I thought I'd say hi, maybe stick around awhile and try and help out if I can. Oh and hey what's up with the new ranking system, I'm a blackcap basslet??? And exactly what is a heniochus anyway???????????????
Glad to be Back

S

sinner's girl

hey, awhile back someone explained the ranking system and i think it said what each was. if i remember there was even a link to some. might want to do a search.

mr . salty

HEY,Nice to hear from you again..Good to have you back....I don't remember the "Great kill" but I know how bad they can be.I had one of my own awhile back...A Heniouchus is a butterflyfish.You know,it's the one that looks like a Morrish Idol.As for the rest of the names,They change them around every once in awhile.Keeps things interesing around here.Like we need to make it more interesting(how do you like the NEW LOOK)?? And how about all the members??? Being one of the FIRST members here,I bet you can remember two or three days between new posts...Those days are gone.It's almost impossible to read all we have to to properly moderate this place.So that is why we have as many Sharks as we do now...KEEP IN TOUCH.....

kris

I am abolutely ASTONISHED at the amount of members now!!!!! I used to spend way to much time reading and responding before--now I'll never get anything done (ha,ha)! You're right It would be impossible to keep up, it hasn't even been twenty four hours and there must be 100 new posts already!!! I am glad to be back , though--the great kill-was when I decided we needed new carpet in the living room-which meant tearing down the tank completely for about 3 days. I didn't think they'd survive in buckets that long--so I am embarassed to admit now, but partioned off my 40g (very well established with lots of lr) and put all four fish in there--figured it was a better chance than the buckets--but I was wrong. Everyone died.
yes-even we experienced hobbyist can screw **** up sometimes. Anyway fish life here at my house is fantastic now-and has been for quite sometime.
I guess I should have come to you guys for your opinions before I mass murdered some of the best fish ever. Just out of curiosity though what would you guys have done. (lfs not an option-they wouldn't hold them.)???????

mr . salty

When I swapped tanks(125to a new 130)I used five 45 gallon storage tubs.They worked GREAT.Buckets are a bit small,but these huge tubs worked perfect.Plus when I was done,I wiped them out and took them back to the store.(shouldn't have done it,but I did not need 5 tubs).

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome back Kris! Shame on you Salty!!
Actually there was never a time on this BB where posts were not coming....which is what kept me here.
I have actually thought about this rug problem, Kris, because I have the same problem now. I have my reef tank sitting in my living room that has wall to wall carpet. Some day I'll have to change out the rug. I believe I've decided though, not to break down the tank when the day comes. I will just install the new rug around the tank. The tank isn't going anywhere and I don't see any reason why I can't just leave it put and have the rug people install around it--as if it were a permanent fixture.
Hope you have the time to stick with us!

kris

Beth that's exactly what I should have done! And what I will do next time for sure. It means that should we sell our home we'd have to replace the carpet again (or sell the tank with the house ha, ha,ha) But that was just too much work and too great a loss. Remember I now have a 100g with a solid oak stand and canopy (gorgeous, I love it) but it is huge not to mention all that lr and cc and equipment to disassemble and reassemble--ugh. I am absolutely thrilled though now with what I've got--whcih is a Queen angel (big one), a picasso trigger, coral grouper, purple tang, and a moon aka lunare,aka lyretail wrasse. That always drove me crazy--how many different names there are for each fish. Like the hippo aka regal aka blue tang (pacific that is not the carribean one also called a "blue" tang. Like this hobby isn't confusing enough :rolleyes: