Hello North Texas

bek

Originally posted by LionStorm
reef ready tank? tank already established with corals in it? what are you looking for?

Mostly someone in the area to talk to about reef stuff. I am up in Wichita Falls and there is so little to choose from here in the way of rock and sand and critters. We have a Pet-co and that's about it. Can you recomend a good fish store in Fort Worth.

bek

Originally posted by chevytrks
I have 5 reef tanks
more info might help

I was beginning to think that all the good reef info was limited to Florida and California. It's nice to hear from someone in the Lone Star State. Can you recommend any good fish store in the Dallas area???

A

austingirl

I was in Dallas over the weekend and went to visit North Dallas Aquarium in Carrolton on Trintiy Mills it is an awesome store.
Sarah

bek

Originally posted by AustinGirl
I was in Dallas over the weekend and went to visit North Dallas Aquarium in Carrolton on Trintiy Mills it is an awesome store.
Sarah

Is it a store or just an aquarium??

A

austingirl

Sorry if I wasn't clear.
It's a giant store, probably the best I've ever visited. It's on Trinity Mills near Marsh.
Sarah

lionstorm

Your one stop store for Reef stuff in Fort Worth Texas: Fish Paradise. They are at 3822 Altamesa Blvd. Fort Worth, TX 76133
These people are the best! I have yet to see a store in the DFW metroplex that rivals them, they are family run and they know their stuff! Their reef tanks are absolutely stunning, go visit these people I guarantee you won't be disapointed!

chevytrks

Saltwater Paradise in Irving (O'Conner @ Rochelle) has some nice stuff, and probably has one of the nicest displays as well
He has a few 10 ft long tank and a few 7 ft tanks with corals
and they are surrounded with fishtanks in the walls for fish purchases.
I also like boutique pet in dallas on garland road. Bill & Matt are very helpful and just fun to talk to.
Dallas North Aquarium has a nice set-up also, but They are very proud of what they have, and in the past have not had good experiences with staff. (rude & un-helpful)
In Plano, TX there is Aquatic Design , pretty nice staff, very helpful
fairly small store with a pretty good selection.
Hope this helps!

bek

Originally posted by chevytrks
Saltwater Paradise in Irving (O'Conner @ Rochelle) has some nice stuff, and probably has one of the nicest displays as well
He has a few 10 ft long tank and a few 7 ft tanks with corals
and they are surrounded with fishtanks in the walls for fish purchases.
I also like boutique pet in dallas on garland road. Bill & Matt are very helpful and just fun to talk to.
Dallas North Aquarium has a nice set-up also, but They are very proud of what they have, and in the past have not had good experiences with staff. (rude & un-helpful)
In Plano, TX there is Aquatic Design , pretty nice staff, very helpful
fairly small store with a pretty good selection.
Hope this helps!

Thanks for the help - I get off work at noon on Friday and I am headed south to DFW for some serious fishin'

underwoods

Hello ,
I will be moving to Wichita Falls , this month and am looking for some locals in the area that are into salt water fish...
Drop me a line
Ray

underwoods

Hello,
I just moved to WIchita Falls also , and bought a new tank last night , 70 Gallon Tall show , I sold my 48 Flat back hex before we left. Maybe we can hook up sometimes and split some orders from here , that way it is easier to get free shipping. I am coming from Ft Walton, Florida , and it looks like it is going to be harder around here to get supplies and fish. Where did you get your live rock from?
Ray

schubert

Whoever has the Lumberg picture - that is AWESOME. Great movie...yeah...
Anyway the place that I have been going to recently is Exotic Aquatics in Plano. It's at Custer and Parker I believe...their prices are a little on the high side but their staff is very knowledgeable and everything is in pristine shape. Check it out if you live in Collin County.

poohhbearr

I have noticed that the stores have increased there prices in the dallas area. Does anyone have any live inverts or coral they are looking to sell. Shipping cost is outrageous as well. I think alot of sites are making money on shipping now a days as well.