Hello with a cleanup crew

Sportfish247

Can i get some direction on the best place to order a cleanup crew. I see so many different packages sure but I'm thinking i would like procure my own. I have a 55 corner hex tank 35lb base rock and 40lb of same.
The tank is not yet home to any fish but want to be sure it is fully safe before i introduce them. there are 3 hermit crab 1 blue, 1 red, 1 scarlet. The red changed shells recently. The live rock naught from my lfs has some gsp, and Kenya tree doing well as well as some other invertebrates

Attachments

davidgreams

Cories will have to be fed and they also have greater bioload than shrimp, which can go mostly without being fed (maybe get some barley pellets as they don’t foul water) you could also get snails, I personally really like blue rams horns, they will only grow proportional to how much food is in the tank so if you don’t overfeed you won’t have population explosions.

Also expect that fungus on your Mopani to last quite a while unless you remove it manually, I have hundreds of shrimp and they are more interested in sifting through the fungus than actually eating it.

Sportfish247

Cories will have to be fed and they also have greater bioload than shrimp, which can go mostly without being fed (maybe get some barley pellets as they don’t foul water) you could also get snails, I personally really like blue rams horns, they will only grow proportional to how much food is in the tank so if you don’t overfeed you won’t have population explosions.

Also expect that fungus on your Mopani to last quite a while unless you remove it manually, I have hundreds of shrimp and they are more interested in sifting through the fungus than actually eating it.
Thanks but it's a saltwater tank

jay0705

Once you start to get alagae growth look into snails. I like cerith, narsissus, and a turbo