hello

sunfire585

Hello,
I few weeks ago my boyfriend broght home a fifty five gallon aquarium that he got intrade for some hair cuts. Since we have been interested in what we should put in it. I already have one thirty gallon that I have raised fresh water angle fish in. I have always wanted a salt water aquarium so I have decided to give it a go. We have been researching alot we want a reef tank, but we are confused about what lights are best and at a good price. I would like advice on what to buy for a 55 and what products are best. I want everthing to be perfect. Right now the 55g is in the basement with water in it to make sure there are no cracks also how should I clean it since I dont know what was in it? Remember I need adivce on everything I only have the tank.

buzzword

Sunfire, here is the patented answer: read the thread at the top of the forum titled "Advise for new hobbyists" and all the links therein. Research questions with the search button at top. Google your questions as well, lots of information out there. Get some books and read. I really like the New Marine Aquarium, good for begginers. I researched and read all the threads here for a month before I did anything. Good luck and welcome to the forums.

simms

buzz said it best, be prepaired to read and make mistakes! THis site has so many knowledgable fishkeepers, I would reccomend researching and posting here. Most of these folks know their stuff..