HELP!!?! Algea overload!!

fireemt_us

Ok, I have a newly setup tank and it seems to be growing some new and interesting algea. I have an abundance of red hair like algea on the bottom and also some deep maroon and purple stuff up the sides. Only the stuff on the bottom is hairy. Long hairs too, like two to three inches. There is also some small christmas tree looking things growing in the sand there about a 1/2 an inch. What, if anything, should I do about all this algea? The tank is about a month old it has 2" of sand, some LR (not quite enough its still curing.) good flow over the whole tank. A refuge, strong lights, and perfect water. The tank did have a small cycle about a week after setup.
pH 8.2
Temp 77.3
NO3 (nitrate) = 0
NO2 (nitrite) = 0
NH3/NH4 (ammonia) = 0
PO4 (phospate) = 0
SG = 1.026
Trace elements
Calcium = about 1000, kinda high
Magnesium = 1250mg/L
Borate = 1.5meg/L
Bromide = 65mg/L
The entire setup uses RO/DI
There is no clean up crew other than a mexican turbo. There is no life in the tank yet other than a yellow tang and a clown. The setup has a protien skimmer that runs great. lighting is 2 - 48" PC with four 96watt 10K bulbs each. the tank is 24x24x96. the sump is about another 100gal. The sump has reverse lighting and will get some macro algea. later.
Whats wrong, and whats next?
This is not my first tank but is the most complex, its not doing what I thought it would.

jimmy g

Well since your tank is new its just going though algea blooms and will all clear up in no time.... DOnt worry about it and if you say ypur rock is curing then why would you get fish in the first place?
Jim

fireemt_us

The fish that are in the tank are from another tank that I had. It was the only bio load I could introduce to the tank. They have since been moved out to another tank during the final construction process
Thanks