help? AquaC Remora question

tarrahsmom

Ok, I had my skimmer off for about 4 days, I added some red slime remover. I turned it back on last night, after a water change and now it is just pulling up wet foam and water! i have moved it up and then down and now back up again. It is filling the cup up fast. How dod I fix this??

oceansidefish

You will have to readjust your skimmer after it having been off for a few days. Also I would not use the red slime remover again, I learned the hard way. It will only fix it temporarily. You will have to find out why you are getting it in the first place. Ususally a flow issue. I used to get it in one of my nanos. Then I decided to add a small Koralia and poof! It started to slowly dissapear. Overfeeding is also a common problem.

mr_x

i'd do about 3 more waterchanges to remove that slime remover. that's the problem with the skimmer.

aztec reef

First of all, It takes about a week for a skimmer to brake-in.
2nd of all. like Mr.X said Any time u add chemicals to water column the skimmer will react thus it switches to turbo speed and giving u more skimmate on the wettish side until water chemistry stablelizes..
Finally, as Oceanside said . Anytyime u have the skimmer off for a few days it takes twice the amount of days for it to reach its maximum efficiency again..
Stop using chemicals an keep your skimmer running 24/7 365.......