HELP!! ASAP!!! Mushrooms Dying?!?!

reefman22

I had my LFS test my water today and my alkinity and PH were low/very low. So after the waterchange today, I added some SEACHEM Alk/PH buffer (recomended by LFS). I actually added less than was recomended. As soon as I put it in, it looked like snow in my tank and covered everything, including all my mushrooms. Now they are putting out theyre slime stuff, and alot of it. My tank looks like a spiderweb and the mushrooms look like they are dissinegrating and have little white strings near the mouths. What went wrong?!?! :scared: :notsure: :scared:
REEFMAN

reefman22

I havent checked yet, I was going to let it get circulated. what does "my calcium precipitaded out" mean? are my mushrooms dead/in the process of dying?
REEFMAN

reefreak29

i dont know if your mushrooms are dead but sound stressed, all metals and minerals precipitate out of water at certain phs, if it was me instead of using more chemicals i would do a 20 percent water change and hope for the best , in the future the best way to ajust ph and alk is to do a water change

deelucky

hey i did the same one day and it looked as if my shrooms were throwing up there insides and they shrunk some,i was pissed at myself but after a few hours everything went back to nor.
mal and now there doing fine didnt lose not one but as a precaution if i have to add buffer i siphon out some water mix it in there and pour it back in you should be ok good luck

reefman22

ok thanks, and reefreak, I did do a waterchange, but my alk and ph were both low and I needed to get them up because the guy at my LFS said that might be contributing to my losing battle against hair algea, so between the buffer and waterchange, I hope it goes up. As for the mushrooms, the spiderwebs have cleared and some of the mushrooms are looking better, others the same, they have all shrunk. I hope you're right deelucky! lol Thanks for the help guys
REEFMAN

reefreak29

have u ever heard of bionic 2 part alk and calcium , if u can afford it its a great spplement to keep your levels up

reefman22

nope, and by the way your takling about it, i probably wont be able to afford it lol but i try to stay as far away from chems as possible, actually, today was the first
REEFMAN

pegandgrif

i have a sroon that is also trying to die. my p.h. is 8.2, salt at 1.022, cal. is under 300. 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, but nitrates a bit high, unfotunate my tap has nitrate, so we buy distelled water untill can find cheep ro system.

reefman22

thanks for all the help guys, corals are getting back to normal, i think i got more stressed than them! ha! but thanks for the help again.
REEFMAN

deelucky

Originally Posted by Reefman22
thanks for all the help guys, corals are getting back to normal, i think i got more stressed than them! ha! but thanks for the help again.
REEFMAN
its easy to get more stressed out than the shrooms itself,its just do to the hard work you put in that when you do make a mistake and we all do it gets to the point where you want to kick your self in the butt a few times but im glad that your shrooms are doing better.i myself dont have ro so i have to settle for tap but its something im working on thats the last thing i need to completely have everythiing but just like you cash dont grow on trees for lol.