HELP ASAP! Snail went in Anemone Mouth!

sng

I found a snail in the anemone mouth just today, not sure how long it was in there... I removed the snail (snail is dead), hopefully the anemone still have a fighting chance... I notice the skunk fish that host it, sometime swim to check on it every now and then, but it never swim in. The anemone is all deflated...
Can someone tell me if its dead or not, need to know before I go to sleep

3geclipse86

I woke up this morning and that's how mine looks. I'd like to know if it's still alive to.

ibew41

they deflate once and awhile how long has your tank been running and what lights are you using.also water test results will help to see if you have water problems

tvoydan

it's normal. Mine deflate and re-inflate once a week or so. One night it was so small I have a hard time finding it. Next day it re-inflated to about 6" across.
If the foot lets go of the rock or won't re-inflate within a day. Then I'd start to worry.
Also, you may want to make sure you feed once a week if it looks like it's diminishing. I had an anemone that just never really looked to great until I started to feed it. It really made a difference over a fews weeks time.
Tom

sng

Tank has been running for a little over 1 year, the anemone been doing great... Just two days ago I found a big snail in the middle of the anemone. Now its hella small and the foot is like brownish and the teniticles are all small. The skunk clown that hosted still swim around it and sleep on it, but the anemone is not improving at all, I hope it is still alive.

S

slugkeeper

As long as the BTA is not disintegrating, it has a chance and may just be deflating to remove waste, etc. Do not become too concerned unless the foot starts to disintegrate or if goo comes floating out of the mouth.

perfectdark

Your ok you prob stessed it more by digging the snail back out. what ever the anemone couldnt eat it would of regurgetated. After large meals its also not uncommon for them to deflate like yours is. Could be a combination of the 2 things. Keep an eye on it. If it unattaches from where it is and doesnt inflate in a day or so, then there might be cause for concern. HTH.

sng

My BTA died =( stupid snail killed it, I dont know why the snail went in the anemone ErRR...
I got a LTA to replace it, but the LTA is not planting to the rocks.

rod buehle

Originally Posted by sng
http:///forum/post/2634225
My BTA died =( stupid snail killed it, I dont know why the snail went in the anemone ErRR...
I got a LTA to replace it, but the LTA is not planting to the rocks.

Thats because the LTA (M.doreensis) is a sand dwelling anemone and will hopefully settle into the sandbed
I dont think that the snail killed your anemone.

ibew41

Originally Posted by Rod Buehle
http:///forum/post/2634291
Thats because the LTA (M.doreensis) is a sand dwelling anemone and will hopefully settle into the sandbed
I dont think that the snail killed your anemone.
agreed do you still have the stock lights on your tank?