Help Blonde Naso Has Something stuck in Lips

ccfl

My Blonde Naso has something stuck in his lips... it looks like a little piece of sponge from the wet/dry filter. He keeps going to the cleaning station and opening wide but the shrimps have not been able to get it out. He is eating and acting "normal"... What should I do... just leave it alone or do I need to try to catch and get it out (I'm worried that the catching would do more harm) and help would be great!!!

mie

My trigger had somthing stuck on him as well. All i did was catch him in a net and put it against the glass and removed it with my finger. You could use tweeser's. As long as it can handle being against the glass and not totally freaking out that is what i would do, my trigger was not happy and splashed everywhere. but is all good now. You never know it could fall out on its own, especially if it is sponge media.

dogstar

I agree that you should try to remove that ( dont know what that is though ). Cant recomend how, perhaps a large net or seperate container, you know your system better than me.
If you try, one thing, just a reminder for all about tangs when being handled, be carefull that the tang does not slash your hand with its cadule spines ( sharp bones on its tail end ). They can do this so easily when possible if threatend.

miaheatlvr

Its Bugging me just looking at it, Looks like filter media to me... Give it 24hrs and then try to get it off...2 net method! Good Luck..

ccfl

Well I was going in with the net and "Hotlips" had 2 shrimps working on him and they got it out!!!!
I think "Hotlips" deserves extra seaweed tonight and the shrimps deserve a big treat too!!! Love my shrimps!!!
Thanks for everyone's help!!!

aquaknight

Out of curiosity, how big is that Naso? Looks like a juvi from the big eyes in the pics. Nice fat yellow though!

sepulatian

Originally Posted by ccfl
Well I was going in with the net and "Hotlips" had 2 shrimps working on him and they got it out!!!!
I think "Hotlips" deserves extra seaweed tonight and the shrimps deserve a big treat too!!! Love my shrimps!!!
Thanks for everyone's help!!!

I am so glad that it was taken out! That was bugging me as well. Did you find out what it was? Shrimp are cool little guys and very useful. I would definitely be handing out treats in the tank tonight

ccfl

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
Out of curiosity, how big is that Naso? Looks like a juvi from the big eyes in the pics. Nice fat yellow though!
He (well maybe he or she) is about 3" and I just love him/her
I have had him for about 4 weeks now... he is eating out of my hands now

ccfl

Originally Posted by sepulatian
I am so glad that it was taken out! That was bugging me as well. Did you find out what it was? Shrimp are cool little guys and very useful. I would definitely be handing out treats in the tank tonight

Everyone got treats!!! It was part of a sponge, I guess when I cut the sponge last week it must have had a little loose piece and it made it to the DT from the sump. I feel so bad because I caused "Hotlips" a full day of pain

michael1972

do you have a birds nest in your tank it looked like a little pice got stuck when he was probly eating some leftover sweeweed that got stuck in the nest???
did you see the shrimp pull it out did it float or sink ?
thank you

ccfl

Originally Posted by MICHAEL1972
do you have a birds nest in your tank it looked like a little pice got stuck when he was probly eating some leftover sweeweed that got stuck in the nest???
did you see the shrimp pull it out did it float or sink ?
thank you
No birds nest in tank, and I did get to see the shrimp pull it out it started to float then the powerhead got it then I finally got it. It is a piece of the sponge I added to my sump last week so I'm to blame!!!

sepulatian

Originally Posted by ccfl
Everyone got treats!!! It was part of a sponge, I guess when I cut the sponge last week it must have had a little loose piece and it made it to the DT from the sump. I feel so bad because I caused "Hotlips" a full day of pain

Ah, it is out now. Don't beat yourself up. These things happen, no worries. Your fish still love you!