HELP.............blow out

squidd

Hard to tell from your pic...
Is that a corner of the bottom dropping out...?
Was the tank built with the sides sitting on top of the bottom plate...?
If so, It may be posiable to remove the bottom and reset/reseal it in silicone...

squidd

If the top is still in the plastic frame, and the sides are "square" and stable...
You should be able to cut the bottom off with an exacto knife/razor blade...
Then scrape the silicone off tank bottom and sides, clean with no residue..
Apply silicon and reset sides to bottom...run a bead around the inside and smooth "conave"
Is that an AGA tank...? Then it probably "popped" out of the "base frame" ..
Clean silicone out of frame, apply silicone to bottom edges AND lower side pieces and reset in base frame...
24 hrs to cure...test with tap water (outside) for leaks...drain and reset in house...
OH, and don't forget to fully support the bottom on the stand, not just corners...

zman411

how can I tell if it is an AGA tank
I can tell you all 5 pieces of glass are tempered and 3/8 in. thick!

zman411

not really
I know why and how this one happened
my brother was helping me put my new custom overflow box on and it was to close to the wall (by like a 1/4 of an inch) and he scooted the tank and not the stand :(
but thankfully I just bought a 30 gallon tank and and was getting ready to set it up as a refuse and had it under my tank at the time
so I only got like 5 gallons on the floor and 25 in the tank below
that was enough weight gone for us to lift the tank and take it outside to where it is now
while it was outside I got a 5 gallon bucket and saved all my fish, live rock and then got a smaller bucket and started taking sand to the 30 so I got everthing saved but a little water
here is a pic of the 30 with everything I have in it
40 pounds of sand
60 pounds of rock
and various snails and fish
and one mushroom (my first coral)

squidd

You can fix that...:yes:
If your mechanically inclined at all, take your time, clean it good, and make sure you seal it well you should have no problem...
The trickiest part will be getting the rest of the bottom plastic frame off in one piece...so you can reuse it.
I like to use an exacto knife and "fillet" the silicon off...a single edge razor blade will work as well...
Then follow the instructions from a couple posts up and you'll be fine...

zman411

wwwwwwwooooooooooo hhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuu.............
I'm getting a 75 gallon :)
is there any type of sealant I need to use or can I just use the stuff from walmart?

squidd

Working with glass, building and repairing tanks is not as hard as some might have you think...
This is a 45 gal refugium I built last week...check out the cool "overflow" on the left side...

squidd

You want to use 100% silicone sealent...preferably NOT the stuff for baths and sinks...
I get mine from the hardware store in the 1 qt caulk gun tubes...