help catch a crab

mrdsmack

I belive I have a gorilla crab in my reef tank
. Ive been trying the glass trick and its not working. I think my only option is to remove the rook that its den is in. the problem is that my tank is 225 gal and the rock is of course on the very bottom
and is about a 15 lbs . Any other sugestion before I start taking the taknig the tank apart. The crab seems to be about the size of a half dallor or so. I also have a teddy bear crab in a acro should I work on taking him out as well? He was also a hithicker, and I did try to catch him with the glass as well.

clintjj

Don't laugh but I tryed the traps to to no avail. I got a piece of string put a piece of shrimp on it and got my net. I let the shrimp sit in the aquarium and after about 30 min he went to it. I let him eat for about 5 min then scooped him up with the net. Not a joke it really worked.
Good luck

thebadfish

This might sound funny, but I took another reefers advice..Those bad crabs are hard to catch. What I did was waited till I saw him in his hole and WHAM! crushed him with a chop stick.. I felt sorry for the critter, but not as sorry as I might of felt if he ate one of my livestock!

mrdsmack

Thanks for the replies. I was trying the shrimp and string before the glass trick. Ill give it one more go and then probably have to take the tank apart. If I tried the chop stick trick I think I need a boat ora because of the size.
. This evening I noticed the one of my chromis has a big chunck out of her, right behind her head and her tail has been almost cut all off.