HELP !!!! Chiller Question

blue oasis

Well, I woke up this morning and my chiller motor went over the night and water was all over the living room floor. I need to buy another chiller because if I do not the water temp. is around 86.7. I had the following two chillers during the last several years:
JBL Artic for about 3 years and my recent one is by current called Prime Chiller.
I have a 100 gal fish/reef tank
Can anyone suggest a brand that has a good track record, not to worry about cost as all of you know this is a expensive hobby and I already invested approx, $12,000.
Thank you for your time
Gary

mr.m

1/3HP TECO SeaChill Chiller TR20 if price is no option .
just wished you lived close to me i could use some parts off your old one lol
Mark

uberlink

I have a JBJ Arctica 1/5hp chiller, and I had the exact same thing happen. Absolute disaster. Oily water everywhere, had to replace carpet pad, refrigerant oil in my tank (which I've never completely gotten out of there), etc. Horrific experience. They were great about replacing the chiller, although they wouldn't cover any other damages without me suing (which I ultimately decided was just more trouble than it was worth). The replacement chiller has performed extremely well, so I'm overall lukewarm on the JBJ brand, but I couldn't recommend them without reservation. .

scsinet

If money was no object I'd buy an aqua-logic.
When I bought a big one for my tank a few months ago, I cheaped out and bought one off that famous site where you bid on stuff, thinking from the pictures that it was just as good. It wasn't. I always wonder if I will really pay the price vis-a-vis failure one day.

pettyhoe

If you blowing through chillers, I would rethink where and how the chiller is being setup. Is it being maintained and cleaned? Is it getting proper ventilation? Might save a little money. I have an extremely old current Prime chiller on my 75, and it can get it down to 60 degrees if i asked it to.

blue oasis

Hello everyone, I want to thank you for all your input and help. I went out last night and bought another Prime Chiller Tower the newer model (#2646 1/3hp) which is made by Current. The cost was $625.00 and did not have a choice since I was in a rush to buy one as I lost most of my fish.
Gary