HELP!!!!!! Clownfish getting beat up?

patrick8929

okay i have had my clownfish for over a week now. last weekend i got a pepermint shrimp. now i wake up this morning to find my clownfish's tail is have gone!!!! could it be the shrimp? what do i do?

kromix

Yea we need to know everything in the tank......
If its only a peppermint shrimp, well then WHAT THE!? lol
How is his swimming?

take the pepermint out. Ive never heard of them doing this, but who knows. what do y ou like more, the shrimp or the fish?

take the pepermint out. Ive never heard of them doing this, but who knows. what do you like more, the shrimp or the fish?

patrick8929

yea i guess i would have to agree. i like the fish more for sure. but is he going to be okay? can he get his tail back?

jtt

back to the lfs i guess. i have NEVER heard of a pepp doing that before. how incredibly strange... i have 2 pepp's and they dont touch any of the other fish in my tank, and i have a 12gallon. how freakin weird.

jtt

it wont kill him directly... but it might put a few strikes against him and fully stress him out for a while to the point that he could kick it if something else (stressful) happens. just try to nurse and baby him and dont take him out of the tank to remodel your rock or anything.