HELP!!! copperband

mopar9012

after probably a week my copperband has took a turn for the worst. He has brown spots kind of on him. like a brown form of ick. I have him in my sump for easy removal if he passes.
is there anything i could do?
if it helps it is a reef tank. I have seen my clown pick on him a little when i first got him but that was it.
he was drip accliminated for about 3 hours maybe? not sure exact time.

aquashelle

My friend had this happen with her yellow tang. After she bought a cleaner shrimp, it healed..the shrimp seemed to love cleaning him. That may help.

beachblue

Hello
, I'm newhere (Not new to the hobby, however) but have been browsing this forum for quite awhile, so I hope I am not "butting in".
Your description sounds very much like "black spot", or turbellarian disease, which is a flatworm parasite , often seen on yellow tangs. Praziquantel is the treatment of choice, available as "Prazi Pro" in aquarium stores. I have safely and sucessfully used it in both FW and SW systems, it won't mess with your cycle, is safe for inverts such as snails & shrimp.(Not sure about corals, as I keep FOWLR)
You do need to treat 2-3 times about a week apart due to the life cycle of the parasite.
Another option would be a FW dip, although personally, I have not had good luck with that route, and if it is a turbellarian infestation, the tank really should be treated.

mopar9012

he passed on the 26. I was shocked that he made it through the night.
He came out from the rocks for a second so I snagged him and put him in my sump for easy removal when he did die and so it would not harm my tank.
I assumed it was some kind of skin related disease like ick so I did a FW dip. Did not help.
i really need to get a Qt going but living in an apartment has its limits with space.
as for chemicals, i have tried a few ick meds that this site said was "reef safe" and you can believe me when I say i will never add any chemicals to my tank again.