HELP!!!!!!! Debate Tonga or FIji Live Rock

pondy

Debating weather to get Tonga or Figi Live rock I have found that Tonga is a bit cheaper. Maybe. I just looked for a bit I could be wrong. BUt I would like to know what you all think and get your alls opinion. I want the rock that is the most colorful but also the one that is the best. If that is possible. Please help.

osb

I have both in my tank, mhey go well together. The Tonga looks more like old coral, while the Fiji is more rock-like........... if that makes any sense. The Fiji may cost more because it is pre-cured. The Tong I got was not.

pondy

I do thank you for your advice and fast replies. It will sure help me. I will plan on getting both then. Any more suggestions. I am going to have a hang on back fuge and was wondering what I could put in it. I am going to have live sand and also live rock. I am going to also have cheato but what kind of inverts can I put in it? It is going to be lite with a 13 watt PC and the fuge is only like 10 inches deep and 4 inches wide. What inverts can I put in it. Any info. that you all see fit to add is welcome. This is my first aquarium. Just waiting for everything to get here from off the net. thanks.

1journeyman

I added a small bit of Carribean to my Tonga (Kaelini) and Fiji.
The Carribean, imho, is too dense for a reef tank, but it came with a lot of growth on it that you won't get from Pacific rock (also some unwanted hitchhikers).
My personal opinion is to get as many different types as possible for the bio-diversity.