HELP - dying fish

blind

my two percula's one orange one black are dying. i tested water and everything is okay... what could be the problem? before they died.. i took the sponges in the filter area and rinsed them, and cleaned the light casing, and they weren't fed for like a dayand added distilled water, then the orange one died, then i added pro-buffer dkh, then after that the black one died.
what can make them up and die like that?
temp: 79.5
ammonia: o ppm
nitrate: 5ppm
nitrite: o ppm
ph: 8.2
8 lb live rock
10 lb live sand
12 gallon jbl nano cube
clean up crew:
2 mex turbo snail
1 emerald crab
2 nassarious snails
1 fighting conch
9 scarlet hermits

blind

tank set up = 4 months
fish = 3 months
signs of sickness = none
routine = exactly the same
toxins = nothing, i did everything as i usually do, only added in what was stated, and no chance of anything dropping in on accident

blind

no chemicals were used to clean the light, i used water to clean the glass of the light, and the fish seemed fine. i fed them when i got back and they ate.
it was really wierd how they did.

rich460

the same thing happened to me the 1st time i put fish in my tank.i put in a starfish now dead,1 clown fish now dead and 1 fire fish goby now dead.after that happened i waited awhile before i put any more fish in my tank.i now have two clowns and both are doing good after 5 weeks. the star died because i didnt drip acclimat him just put the bag in the tank for 10 mins and then just dumped him in.the other two just up and died like yours still dont know why.and sorry about your clowns.

sw65galma

Originally posted by rich460
the star died because i didnt drip acclimat him just put the bag in the tank for 10 mins and then just dumped him insad:

ooh that'a like taking a hot steaming shower, jumping out and running into the snow...
But alteast you know now..

rich460

yes my lfs said thats how they do all there stars.so now i go to a diff store.live and learn i always say.i lost around 60 bucks on those 3 fish but thats how it goes.:thinking:

sw65galma

Originally posted by rich460
yes my lfs said thats how they do all there stars.so now i go to a diff store.live and learn i always say.i lost around 60 bucks on those 3 fish but thats how it goes.:thinking:

Man what a bunch of idiots!:mad: :mad:
:scared: :scared:

dedwards

Originally posted by sw65galma
ooh that'a like taking a hot steaming shower, jumping out and running into the snow...
But alteast you know now..

That's actually quite fun...lol

beth

Administrator
Staff member
You didn't notice anything wrong with the clowns? What about breathing, or any white film?