HELP! EXPERTS omgg

alex4286

let me begin by saying i have three orange anthias (Lyretail Anthias - Male).
i just noticed last night & this morning that one of them has not been coming out. Hes been just chillin in the rocks breathing just fine. It wasnt untill i was feeding him and when he came out that i saw one of his EYES is infected!! Its buldgeing out like with a clear off white ring around it. its just swelled up or something. No white spots, he just comes out for food then goes right back into the rocks and perches in a tight fit area. what can i do!?! & what is this and what are possible causes of this? i tried for over a half hour to get a picture of it but thats impossible. Hes about three inches also.
some water stats
55gal w/ 50 lbs of LR. refuge w/ micro algea, mirical mud, & rubble rocks w/ lots of pods
calcium 500
nitrite 0
nitrate 5
ph 8.0
1.025 salt
temp stays at 79-80degrees
tankmates are all peacefull & include 2 true perc clowns 1 6line & bluegree chromis, 1cleaner 1fire shrimp, & a purple lobster that has eatin my peppermint shrimp and some snails before

reefer545

It sounds like popeye. This does happen from iritation from hitting a rock or other fish. It should correct itself if it is popeye. Unfortunately there is not much you can do. Keep an eye on it.
Post a pic if you can, as that will help tremendously depending on pic quality

alex4286

=[ i feel so bad for him.. he is relatively new
something must have startled him

i hope he pulls through!! i will add & soak fresh garlic and this stuff i already have in his mysis tonight
thank you guys for the quick reply. I've never seen anything like this before. I will try and get a picture tonight after work. Thanks again

bugsy

same thing happen to my Anthias. looked like a clear bubble. sad to say after a long visit in my ht. I lost him
good luck to you

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Alex4286
=[ i feel so bad for him.. he is relatively new
something must have startled him

i hope he pulls through!! i will add & soak fresh garlic and this stuff i already have in his mysis tonight
thank you guys for the quick reply. I've never seen anything like this before. I will try and get a picture tonight after work. Thanks again
This is not a tragic condition at all. My fish have gotten it. Quality foods, a healthy diet, and excellent water is all that is needed. If the problem persists then medication will be needed, but for now just keep his immune system high, he can fight this himself. BTW, what else are you feeding him? Mysis is okay, but not as the main diet.

alex4286

well he didn't make it... actually that night after work, I picked up some garlic along with stuff i had at my house mixed up a huge feast (to make sure he got some bcuz hes slow) to only find him breathing very hard on the bottom of the tank =[ it was too late to boost his immune system. I'm guessing he had this for much longer then I noticed because he died so quickly! i took pictures and will post them up when i get a chance.
oh and i don't have the food info in front of me but its this frozen complete mix. plus i have just mysis frozen & flakes. I feed twice a day and switch what i feed from one of those three.