Help - Feeding Corals

mayo

I have 2 corals. . .
one frogspawn and one Ganiopora.
Both have been in the tank for about a week and are doing great. My LFS told me that they will feed off the light and the food that I give my fish.
Should I be doing something special to feed them ? or will they be fine just chowin on the fish food and the light ?
it's frozen red cyclopeeze food. and i just swirl it around a few seconds and there's tiny particles of food floatin all around.
also. . .
do I need to do anything special to feed my feather duster ?

grantman

Most people will tell you it is very difficult to keep a goniopora. Also it probably is. I have had mine for about 8 months. I feed kents phytoplankton three times a week for the goni even though I have no idea if it eats it. The problem with goni's is that nobody knows for sure what it eats. There was an article link in somebody else's post about the fact that most food is too small for the goni to take in so it will slowly starve to death. Which I believe is what happens to most people. Very unfortunate for the goni. There are the rare instances when someone keeps a goni alive for more than two years. I personally think if you can keep something alive for over a year you are doing pretty good. Sorry to everyone who is going to take major offense to that one. Well anyways I feed the phytoplankton and I guess time will tell if it actually eats it.
Good luck

daisy

Feather dusters will eat cyclopeeze, I believe. Since I started giving it to my tank, I have noticed a lot more featherdusters, so I think it's a good thing for them.
Can't help with the other corals -- see what a search on this website turns up.

jja

I use dt's about 2-3 times a week and everything seems to love it. It is a bit expensive but it is the best I have come accrossed. Also, shut your protein skimmer off for about an hour when you dose this.

reb

What exactly is DT's and how does it come? Frozen, liquid, dry? How do you feed it to your tank?