Help Firefish Goby

levinjac

I just recently got a fire-fish goby in good health. I acclimated it for 2 hrs 1 hour of temp then another hour of salinity and ph. It was doing fine until nighttime it disapeared. I found it it was laying in a dead barnicle. Then the next day it was fine is it ok?

mrdc

If it seems ok now then I wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure you have your tank setup where it can't jump out because they are jumpers.

tpnel

As soon as I turn out my lights both my firefish retreat to their own hiding spot and stay there till the lights come back on.

btldreef

A lot of gobies are shy. It will take them a long time to come full out in the daylight, let alone night. These are small fish that need to hide from the dangerous predators of the night sea.
My mandarin lays in a sandy cave and looses a lot of his coloration at night and always looks dead, I've had him for a year and I still get upset and thinks he's dead each night.
This is completely normal behavior for your fish. They're actually protecting themselves while they sleep.

ibanez

I have actually had my mandarin bury himself up to his head in the sand. But firefish are good hiders. They are good jumpers too as stated before, so make sure you have a secure lid.

levinjac

levinjos knows nothing i have a foul tank no coral was alive ever and the shimp i guess i need to call scooby doo it jush disaperard

flower

Originally Posted by levinjac
http:///forum/post/3272011
I just recently got a fire-fish goby in good health. I acclimated it for 2 hrs 1 hour of temp then another hour of salinity and ph. It was doing fine until nighttime it disapeared. I found it it was laying in a dead barnicle. Then the next day it was fine is it ok?

Fish sleep

lols in my freshwater aquarium i have a guppy and one time when i turned on the lights the guppy was in a plant i thought he was dead to until 5 sec later when she moved lols yeah good point flower brought up!

My 2 Purple Firefish sleep together under a rock. Like, completely under a rock, in the sand.
And my Bluedot Puffer sleeps in the sand bed, completely pale colors. Then he wakes up and swims around with sand stuck to his belly. Sometimes he actually sleeps stuck to the wall vertically, as if he were a pleco.

J

jstdv8

my sixline hides in a hole in the lvierock every night after lights out.