Help for small clowns and high GPH

symbiont

Hi - new here. I've been lurking for a while, trying to soak up the knowledge base. My 55gal tank has been set up for a couple of months and I just added a pair of tank raised juvenile clown fish (about 1 inch long); these was the first fish to go in to the tank with the LR, CUC, DSB. My gph is about 30X as I was planning to go reef eventually - I have 2 Koralia #3 and a AquaC Remora. My tiny little clowns look like leaves in the wind
- I've turned off one PH and aimed the other high which has helped some and hopefully won't hurt the DSB in the short term. I hate to take them back but I really don't want to risk algae problems or dead spots in the DSB waiting for them to mature and running 2 separate tanks is more trouble than I want for now. I don't have a fuge yet.
How many GPH can I expect them to tolerate? Is fast swimming an accurate indicator of too much? How quickly do they grow? Any suggestions appreciated.

snakeblitz33

30x of flow isn't that bad at all. Your fish are used to swimming in TONS of current far greater then what we can provide in our tanks. If your fish is being pushed around by the powerheads, they are unhealthy. If your fish need a break, they will find a place with not very much flow. Koralia powerheads don't so much push water as dispurse it so I don't think there are any problems.
As far as growing too quickly, the biggest false percula that I have seen was about 2" in length.
How deep is your sandbed? What are your water parameters? Can you add a sump and a refugium? Are you going to get a larger tank in the future? details man! Details!

symbiont

First fatality - found one of the clowns in my skimmer (it has a prefilter box and I had stuck a sponge in there but there were gaps). The other still looks fine. Am I reading too much into the frantic swimming to stay in place? Neither was truely being pushed around - they kept the same place but were wiggling so fast I was sure they'd be exhausted by morning. I have put the remaining clown in a cup floating in the tank for now. The PH's were aimed at each other to generate random flow and to my hand the movement felt pretty diffused. I've turned the skimmer off for now - should I take a chance with the sole survivor?
DETAILS:
Parameters
sg 1.025
temp 79
NH4/trate/trite 0
pH 8.2
I'm not testing for Ca/Mag etc yet since I won't have any corals for awhile.
Had the water tested at the LFS yesterday with same results. I purchase RO/DI water.
No plans to increase tank size soon - just getting started on first SW. I do hope to get a small HOT fuge soon. My DSB is 4 - 5 inches and added a detrivore kit a couple weeks ago. Overall tank seems very healthy - LR with feather dusters, small sponges, macroalgaes, pods, astria and tiny brittle stars, bristle worms. CUC is nass snails, stomatella, sandsifting cucumber (plain brown and very ugly) and 1 emerald crab.
Thanks for suggestions