Help, Gorg looking pale

djcanis

My blueberry gorg isnt looking so good. Its losing a lot of its color and the polyps dont seem to be opening up... Water quality is perfect all other paramaters are where they should be. As for lights, I am using dual 175 MH and a 96wt 10,000K power compact. I have it in good flow with direct light at the bottom of the tank. I have a burgendy next to it that is doing great. Any suggestions?

djcanis

Its a blueberry, similar to the yellow only the polyps are blue not white... I also feed photoplanktin for a few other things in the tank as well as mysis so there is plenty of nourishment in the tank

cranberry

The blueberries are one of the hardest gorgs to get to live. I'm sorry to say that one is not going to make it. We have not unlocked the secret of their needs yet.

uneverno

Hate to say it, but most gorgs, especially the non-photo's, are really tricky. Their nutritional requirements are generally unknown.
If you get 6 months out of it, you're doing well.
You might try Oyster Feast or Kent's Zoo, but at best those will only extend its life by a little, IME.

djcanis

Its been alive for quite some time, I have had it a few months and the guy I bought it from had it over a year before he took down his tank... I had noticed a decent ammount of growth lately and then out of the blue it just started to turn...

flower

Just a thought...have you changed the direction of the power heads? They like allot of water flow.
Also check for algae, it clogs them up.
just trying to help.

djcanis

I have been fighting and off and on battle with green ahir algae... What is the best way to "clean" the algae off the gorg? I looked it over, it could be a good possibility. All my other gorgs look good...