Help Green Star Pylop with Cyno!

I have been battleing Cyno in my tank for about a month now. Each time I think it's getting better, it shows up in a new place. I have a GSP about 4''x5'' and it is almost covered in Cyno!!!!!! The pylops are not comming out and I don't know what to do, I REALLY don't want it to die. Will it survive the cyno, what can I do?
Help!
NewBe

I've tried to suck it off with a turky baster and it gets off the long stuff but does not get it all the way off, by the next day it's covered again.
:mad:
NewBe

Blow the cyano (red slime) off the GSP with a turkey baster and increase the current (water flow) across that area. This should keep the cyano from settling on GSP.
Also snails will help control cyano.
Hope this helps,
MCF

fishkiller

Mexican Turbo Snails eat that stuff up like you wouldn't believe. Wait a day or 2 to let the cyano to get thicker, then just peel it off. That method has worked for me on many occasions.

Thanks everyone!
I bought cyno eating snails and hermits, have cut way back on feeding, been doing weekly water changes, put in carbon pack and suck up as much as I can with turkey baster everyother day. The only thing I haven't tried is more flow, I have one mini jet in the tank (it's a 12 gallon) and seams like the flow is good to me, much more and I think stuff would get blown around too much.
I appreicate all the responses, but so far they have not worked on the Green Star Pylop :(
Do you think it will be able to recover (if I can ever get rid of the Cyno)?
Thanks,
Newbe

goldrush

4 main causes of cyano 1)overfeeding 2) phosphates 3)dead spots 4) old lighting It seems you have addressed 1 ,2, and 3, how about 4?

michaeltx

move the GSP rock to the PH or the PH to it and blow directly on it for a couple days but gotta find out whats fueling it to get a perm control of it
Mike