help...harry shrooms are taking over my tank!

fishfreek

I am having a problem with my brown harrys really spreading throughout my tank. They are spreading all around the base of my toadstool and and i can tell he doesn't apprecate it at all. When i first started my reef i thought these little guys were pretty cool. Now they are just a pain in my rear. I feel the best thing to do at this point is to attempt to eradicate them from the tank.
I have heard of injecting them with kalk paste solution, has anyone had any luck with this method? I also thought of possably covering them with a few pieces of LR on the thickest bunch of them so they won't receive any light. Would this work?
Any further suggestions would really be appreciated.

rick58

I had the same problem. The kalk paste did not work for me. I actually ended up taking an old wood chisel and chiseling enough rock off with the mushroom to ensure there would be nothing left to start new mushrooms. Scraping the off the rock will just create a bunch of new ones - and as you know they grow quick. Putting a rock over them to shade them will not work, they somehow squeeze over to the light. Tough little suckers.

fishfreek

Rick, i tried the scraping method a year back(before i knew any better :scared: ) BIG MISTAKE! Useing a chisel is pretty drastic. The shrooms in question are on the same large rock the toadstool is attached to. There must be another solution to ridding them from their current location.
To the others that replied, i'm not sure i want to go through the hastle of running to fed-ex to ship a few shrooms, that is if i will even be able to remove them intact. We'll see after the holidays.