Help!! House almost flooded last night....

stuckinfla

What made me look before I went to bed is beyond me, but it saved my floors! The water level in the tank was at the top of the center braces...thought filter was clogged or something so cleaned everthing. Bottom line...right side Durso is not draining, so what little water is in the sump is being pumped back into tank, and since its low, auto top off kept running. When I dumped some water and plugged all pumps back in, I noticed the right overflow was not draining (although water was going into sump) it was filling to water level. Has anyone had this problem, and how did they fix? We blew through hoses, and they seem clear, what do I need to do?

stuckinfla

Here is crude drawing if it helps....water in left overflow is fine, water in right is @ water level of tank.

reefiness

the only thing that i could think of is that the pipe is not clogged but has a slight amount of build up on the inside which is not allowing the water to flow down at the rate it should... i dont have a predrilled over flow so mine goes up and to the container in the back... u should know what it looks like.
i had it where the water was at the same level of the tank and the probem was that the U tube had algea build up inside of it and another time it was that the prefilter sponge was clogged. so in your case i can only see it being the pipe. Try getting something you can run through the pipe a few times to clean it out doesnt really matter what it is.

candycane

Get something called "The Screamer" for one. I have never used one, but I heard that they sound like a firealarm when your tank detects a leak or the water drops below a certain level. Also it could be air or something else clogging it. Or it MIGHT backpressure from the pumps. Could be a bunch of things.

stuckinfla

Well, drained the one overflow, disonnected tubing, and right before I unscrewed the PVC I decided to stick a coat hanger in from the bottom.....#*(^$(&# SNAIL @**%&#^.....blocking water flow. Just thankful was nothing more! Thanks for the advice, will have to look into the alarm!

S

slofish

Its good that you found what was stuck. :jumping: I dont know if this affects U tube overflows, but maybe some nylon mesh over the opening will help prevent another stuck animal in the future :thinking:

fanker

haha man that sux, u could have lost everything just because of a snail, its a good thing u caught it.