Help Hurry Super Glue!!!

jonnywater

I was trying to shy away from superglue, however it does not look like I am going to be able to. What brand and kind do I want? Is there a certain chemical that I want or do NOT want in the glue? A specific brand name that is non-toxic?
Any immediate help would be appreciated. I have a Kenya Tree Coral that I thought would have adhered to my live rock by itself by now, so I cut it free at the base from the host rock that it was on........I was wrong. It is now just SITTING on the top of a piece of live rock and rubberbands seem to harm leathers rather badly. Thanks to all

fireemt_us

Regular super glue GEL is what works best and it is non toixc. You should have no problem with it. Thats what I use. Wal-mart your local hardware store should have it.

jonnywater

I just know there is about 20 different makers and their packages all say super glue GEL. I am just going after Elmers and hoping that is adheres underwater.
Thanks

fireemt_us

Yea, I dont know the exact maker tha I have used, I just always grabbed what ever was on the shelf. Never really noticed different makers. Its always the one in the white tube with green and red label. Sorry I could be more specific.

jonnywater

You ever used it underwater? I prefer not to pull an entire 30 lb piece of live rock (its a big boy) out of my tank and have the 5 pieces leaning against it fall over for a coral.

R

reefermadn

Originally Posted by jonnywater
You ever used it underwater? I prefer not to pull an entire 30 lb piece of live rock (its a big boy) out of my tank and have the 5 pieces leaning against it fall over for a coral.
The Super Glue GEL (as suggested) will bond underwater. I have done many Frags under water. It will bond FAST though so be quick about it. You can clean it off your hands under hot water afterwards. :)

blue20051

Originally Posted by fireemt_us
Regular super glue GEL is what works best and it is non toixc. You should have no problem with it. Thats what I use. Wal-mart your local hardware store should have it.
I bought the LOCTITE super glue gel. Is that going to be okay?
I just want to make sure.
Thanks!!

R

reefermadn

Originally Posted by blue20051
I bought the LOCTITE super glue gel. Is that going to be okay?
I just want to make sure.
Thanks!!
That will be fine. I just finished up a tube of Loctite!
No worries