Help!!! Hurt Stylophora!!

mjsdas

:help: About 2 days ago a sebae anemone touched my stylophora for a decent amount of time before i came home and found it. It seemed to have killed a few spots on the stylo, but it didnt seem that bad. However it seems to be getting much much worse. the dead white spots seem to be spreading out in all directions and a this brown colored layer coming out of the dead parts. What do i do????!!!! can i save it or will it continue to die? please help

mjsdas

there isnt much left that is uneffected, most is either already white or is beginignt to fade and the polyps to disappear. The only part that i could break off is the top of the middle branch. If i do frag it, do i use a knife or will it break where i want it to?

bdhough

it will generally break where you want it too. the brown stuff may be brown jelly disease which only set in because the coral was nuked by the anemone. if it is brown jelly i would suggest getting the coral out of the tank as i've heard tht stuff will spread. good luck :) its one reason why i don't like anemones :)