Help I.D. a fish!!!

ocean's13

Can any body tell me what kind fish is this i saw it on one of the user avataar thanks here the LINK
I think its some kinda goby not sure...

sepulatian

I looked and cannot identify that fish. Why don't you ask the person that is using that for an avatar? It is a very cute fish. I am interested in finding out as well!

ocean's13

yeah i'll try to get a hold of the user but he/she not on atm that fish remind me of a game back in the 80' Bubble Bobble dino lol

mx#28

Appears to be 'Caracanthus madagascariensis' - which also has many common names like 'coral croucher goby' or 'velvetfish', etc.

ocean's13

WoW thanks a lot MX#28 You Rock!!!
You do know your fishes...
Thanks again....plan to pick one up soon for my 14g biocube.

ocean's13

Nice! Thanks for the info....now i need to find a vendor or lfs that can get them. The red spot one just like the picture

mx#28

Originally Posted by Ocean's13
WoW thanks a lot MX#28 You Rock!!!
You do know your fishes...
Thanks again....plan to pick one up soon for my 14g biocube.

Glad to help! Post some photos when you get one in there.

ocean's13

i will but its going to be awhile my tank just got out the box haha. still need to pick up some LR and LS and water to get it going fish will come later....still hard to get info on that fish been googling
but not much.

sepulatian

Hey good looking out sepulatian
Thanks......u can Email it to me
I don't have the address. I said that other site addresses are not allowed to be posted on here.

sepulatian

i will but its going to be awhile my tank just got out the box haha. still need to pick up some LR and LS and water to get it going fish will come later....still hard to get info on that fish been googling
but not much.
Ok, I know you are just searching, but you have a whole lot to do before any fish enter your tank. Please buy "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" by Robert Fenner. That will give you a good idea of saltwater fish keeping.

sepulatian

Yeah just whole a lot researching and reading atm.

That is great!!!!! If you have any questions at all, please just ask

ocean's13

Anybody thats own that certain fish please feel free to to post your picture and info would be greatful!!!
thanks