HELP! I have to sell my tank

krishj39

Hey everyone,
It's been a long time since I've posted, but I'm sure you still remember me. I've been in India, actually, and I'm returning again soon. Which brings me to the sad point of this post. I need to sell my tank because I'm leaving the country. I'm very excited to leave but I'll miss you guys and my tank very much! I'll probably still be around though, India has some surprisingly good internet connections. Can you guys help me out? I have no idea how much I can sell my tank for. I know I've put at least 6,000$ into it. It's been set up for almost exactly 2 years and I've had photos from the tank published in magazines. Any opinions are very appreciated THANKS!
Details as best I can remember, countless extras also included:
90 gallon reef aquarium
150lbs of live rock (Fuji, Tonga, mostly Caribbean)
150 lbs of live sand
3 Maxi-Jet 1200
Oak stand and hood with 2 4" cooling fans
CPR Overflow box
DIY Moonlighting
660w VHO w/ URI bulbs on display tank
440w White Actinic
220w Super Actinic
On separate timers
20 gallon sump
Seaclone Protein Skimmer
Mag Pump 9500
wet/dry biological filter box
UV Sterilizer
2 Magnum Canister Filters
10 gallon refugium w/ DIY stand
Chaetomorpha
Feather Caulerpa
Un-IDed macroalgae
Coralife 64w PC fixture with 50/50 bulb
Coralife Two Chamber RO water filter
120 gallons worth of salt mix
All Necessary Test Kits w/ Instructions
All Necessary Additives
Coralife Electronic Thermometer
Fish:
3" Yellow Tang
3" Six-line Wrasse
2" Gold-stripe Maroon Clown
2" and 3" False Percula Clowns, Mated
2" Yellowtail Blue Damsel
2" Bangaii Cardinal
Cleanup crew (numbers approximate):
30 Scarlet Hermits
20 Cortez Red-leg Hermits
20 Blue-leg Hermits
10 Zebra Hermits
5 Mexican Turbo Snails
25 Margarita Snails
5 Astaea Snails
10 Nassarius Snails
15 Hawaiian Nassarius Snails
20 Cerith Snails
10 Nerite Snails
Other Inverts:
20" Sabae Anenome which hosts the 2 False Percula Clowns
1 Feather Duster
1 2" Pincushion Urchin
1 Large Black Spine Urchin
2 Linckia Multiflora Star(one is a small clone of the other)
1 3" Burgundy Star w/ 6 legs
1 6" Black Brittle Star
2 Serpent Stars
5" Sand-sifting Cucumber
3" Rock-Dwelling Cucumber
2" Filter-feeding Cucumber
Soft Corals:
Xoanthids (many color morphs)
Button Polyps
Moon Polyps
Yellow Polyps
Snake Polyps
2 Toadstool Leather (1 med, 1 large)
Large Finger Leather
Yellow Devil’s Hand Leather
Cabbage Leather
Peach Pulsing Xenia
Pom-Pom Xenia
Encrusting Gorgonian
Green Star Polyps (2 color morphs)
Capnella
Ricordia Mushrooms (blue, green, and red color morphs)
Mushrooms (blue, red, green stripe, many others)
4 6" Hairy green mushrooms
LPS Corals:
2 Candycanes (1 red, 1 large green)
Large Branching Frogspawn
Large Branching Hammer
Small Branching Hammer
4" Red Open Brain
6" Pagoda
Medium Elegance (rare color morph)
Medium Galaxia
SPS Corals:
Green Montipora Plate
Brown Montipora Digita

mobikobeyob

you should piece it out on ----, starting with the livestock. you could make a fortune.
Im interested in the UV and some shrooms, what about the clam?
Mobi:D

krishj39

Hey guys, thanks for the enthusiasm. I would very much prefer to sell it all at once. I am leaving for India in a little over a month, I'll be there doing mission work, and I've got tons to do before then so I don't want all the hassles of selling piece by piece. I am not moving there permanently (yet) but just for six months, but no one here can care for it and I need the money anyway. Any ideas on what the whole system could sell for?

latino277

if you do end up parting out some of it I would be interested in about 50#'s of you LR. good luck in india

debbie g

I'm in Stroudsburg and would definitely take a ride to Reading. I would be interested in most of what you have. Can you give at least a ball park figure for the whole kit and caboodle?

krishj39

Hey Debbie, you are most welcome to come visit. I know it's worth 3,000$ but pricing is certainly negotiable. So, right now I'm thinking a ballpark figure is 3,000$ at the most.
Everyone, Does 3,000 sound too high? If you had this tank, how much would you hope to make off of it? I'm not looking to rip people off, but I can't afford to sell it at a rock-bottom price either. I'm just shooting for a fair price.

bellanavis

I am in Reading, and I might be intrested in buying the whole set up, and if not, if you end up splitting it up, a lot of stuff from your list.

chris17

I dont think $3,000 is a bad price, it sounds damn good to me. I dont have that kinda money. I wouldnt sell it under $3,000, you have alot of money into it, plus it is a amazing tank! Good luck on the tank sales, and good luck in india!

krishj39

Originally posted by BellaNavis
I am in Reading, and I might be intrested in buying the whole set up, and if not, if you end up splitting it up, a lot of stuff from your list.

Hey BellaNavis, good to hear from you again. Thankfully I haven't had to go the the Reading hospital since April :). Do you still have any interest in my setup? Since you are close you are welcome to come by any time to check it out in person. Care to talk more through email?
Kris

beth

Administrator
Staff member
So I assume you have posted with your LFS. You could do a radio or paper ad.

krishj39

Thanks Beth, I have yet to do that, this was my first choice. Do you think the price I'm asking is fair?