Help ID these claws

sportbikemike

I was doing a water change last night and sucked up these claws and wanted to get everyones opinion on them. The only crab I had int eh tank was a Porcelin crab ( I know it's not really a crab) but that died about 8 months ago. Its claws were never this size or this big. It appears that whatever it is is molting. I don't see anything, even at night with the lights off. I've never had any hitchhikers on my rocks and the tank has been set up for almost 2 years. I really have no explination. Thanks.

sportbikemike

SOB

I was looking over some other hitchhiker ID's and I think that this is the crab. Little POS. How can I get him out? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Now I think I might know why my Fire Fish dissapeared about 6 months ago and why my bristle star is missing an arm.

renogaw

you could try a piece of shrimp in a small soda bottle. cut the neck off the bottle where it curves up to the opening and invert it into the bottle. hope that it enters the bottle.
i was very lucky and cought 3 of the 4 gorilla crabs right off my rock. the last one i tried to grab with my tongs and ripped its claw off and i havent seen it for a while.