help id this algae

wetone

I have a 75g with about 40g of sump. THere is 100 lbs of LR in tank and another 50 in the sump with a 5" DSB in the sump. I am using a 4' tall 6" diam CC skimmer powered by air stones. I have 2 250W MH and 2 110 VHO actinics, all bulbs are less than 2 months old. The tank is filled with LPS and SPS as well as 4 fish. There are about 12 turbo snails and 12-15 blue legs and red legs. I have 0 nitrate or phosphate (none in my RO topoff either).
I have this algae which is growing on the rocks and continues to come back after I scrub it off. I think it is hair. I am ready to order a new Precision Marine bullet 2 skimmer for tank, but just want to get the opinions of others if this will eliminate the algae. I went to the LFS and was told my TDS is around 415.
Any thoughts on ID'ing this stuff and will the new skimmer fix my probs.....
Thanks

krishj39

looks like standard hair algae to me. it can be a real nuisance. since all of your water parameters are good, maybe your lighting is off? old bulbs, lights on too long, etc. it can be tough to get rid of. i primarily control mine with my lawnmower blenny. i still have patches here and there, but honestly it doesn't bother me, makes it more natural, IMO.

wetone

Lights are new...actinics are on for about 7 hours, while the MH's are on for about 4 hrs each day,