Help Id two things

rach4194

This was growing on my protein skimmer sponge?
I have had this rock over 4 years and these things started growing on it?
All my water test are perfect?

rach4194

I cleaned it off the sponge and it has not come back. I just noticed some growing on live rock.
I hope someone can Id the other stuff growing on the rock they are like little feather duster worms, they go back into their tube when a fish swims by or something gets to close to them.
I saw some real little ones growing on some LR in the back of my tank. I wonder why they would just suddenly appear on a piece of rock that I have had for years?

rcdude1990

wit u have this red bubble stuff growin on ur LR?
i think its bubble algea but i dont no how to clean it all i no is not to clean them inside the tank mayb take them out of the tank and clean them but wait for someone else to tell u wat to do
as for the other thing i dont no they might b little feather dusters but i dont no im not that smart lol

mandarin w

Looks like you have red bubble alge, and aptashia.
Aptashia come in many forms. But that is what I believe it is.

sign guy

looks like bubble algee I have heard that if you pop the bubbles they will spread emarald crabs will eat the smaller bubbles but you will have to pick off the larger ones with your fingers

rslinger

Bubble alge emerald crabs and for the bigger ones try to shipion them out don't let them break open in your tank they will be all over. Aspista (sp) joes juice them don't just pull them off they to will spread and take over tank. Preppermint shrimp may eat them too.

ophiura

The second image is of hydroids IMO...not nice, and rather difficult to get rid of. They basically have little tubes, and are sometimes confused with worms.

rach4194

I don't think it's aptashia, I had hundreds of them before and I pretty sure I know what they look like. How did I get them if they are hydroids and why are they bad?

ophiura

They are similar in some respects to Aiptasia - difficult to combat, spread sometimes rapidly and pack a nasty sting. People have tried a lot of things, similar to getting rid of Aiptasia, but also manual removal and covering with super glue, etc.