Help identifying algae growth

67 demon

Hello. I was hoping to get some advice on the type of algae growth i have on some of my rocks. I have been told that it looks to be the early stages of hair algae. For what it's worth, all of my levels are in respectable ranges. If you have questions about a specfic test level, let me know and i'll give you the number(s). Here is a pic of the recent growth:

saltfan

Looks like noraml algea growth to me. Throw in a cleaning crew, they will take care of that for you. Mexican Trubo Snails, can't say enough about them. Do wonders...

67 demon

Awesome!! Thanks for the responses and advice. I was a bit worried that it may be the "bad" type of algae growth, but i wasn't certain. Of all of the research i have done in trying to identify this growth, i wasn't confident that it could be hair algae; primarily because of the slow rate of growth it is currently growing at, and i read on a few other sites that hair algae tends to grow more towards the bottom of the tank, like around the sand and bottom of the rock area.

Now about the Mexican Turbo snails, i assume i will be having to re-stock on them (fairly frequently) since i have a Valentini Puffer and a Picasso in the tank??

saltfan

Originally Posted by 67 Demon
Awesome!! Thanks for the responses and advice. I was a bit worried that it may be the "bad" type of algae growth, but i wasn't certain. Of all of the research i have done in trying to identify this growth, i wasn't confident that it could be hair algae; primarily because of the slow rate of growth it is currently growing at, and i read on a few other sites that hair algae tends to grow more towards the bottom of the tank, like around the sand and bottom of the rock area.

Now about the Mexican Turbo snails, i assume i will be having to re-stock on them (fairly frequently) since i have a Valentini Puffer and a Picasso in the tank??
Ouch, you may, you may not. They may pick on them they may not.