Help its leaking....AGAIN

dillon

Need some help, my tank started leaking in May, removed all the old silicone,replaced it let it cure for 3 days. Filled the tank let it sit for a day no leaks, emptied it and carried it upstairs. Now 6 weeks later same thing the tank is leaking and the cotnents are in an old 10 gal tank...not happy I am sure.
What might I be doing to cause the leaks? What can I do to prevent them
Thanks in advance.....frazzled and frustrated.
Bob

dillon

I wish I could buy a new tank, unfortunately not a good time for that.
Will proceed with the repairs and hope for the best

dillon

Tank is a 46 gal bowfront...typical entry level SW tank. The tank is glass. Checked it with a level on the stand empty and filling. That didn't appear to be a problem. I am baffled.

oceana

be sure you are clamping your tank after your seal it.
make sure ALL of the old stuff is gone and use an industrial silicon call a glass shop and ask them whats best.

shiby1510

The only one hope that I had was it was acrylic.. and in that case silicone wouldn't work with it.. sorry i'm no help

dillon

You helped, trust me. helping me to think through the process is all this is about
thanks to all that responded

ratlehound

go to wal-mart.go to the boating dep.get some 3m marine adhesive sealant 5200.you can buy it in a larg or small tubs.this stuff held my 125 hores out board on my boat with no bolts.so i put a seat in the front on some rottin wood that the screws would not tighin on and it holds me. i way 295.it allso can be aplied under water so the lable say.how ever i have not tried that.this is the best glu i have ever used it stick to everything.good luck