help ive been slimed!!

freckles

i just found a whitish clear slime on one of my live rocks. anyone else have this happen? what is it and how do i get rid of it..all my fish,inverts,and anenomes are doing fine.. 45 gal. 79-80 temp. 0 nitrates, 0 nitrites, 0-0.25 ammonia, 8.2 ph. i do 15-20% water changes every 2-3 weeks. help..

mr . salty

Was that or any other rock recently added to your tank??Does this slime look kinda like spider webs?? If so,that is one of the signs of Uncured rock in your tank. Again,IF SO, It will cause a mini recycle as this rock cures.Watch your readings closley.Especially the ammonia.If it gets over 25,do a water change so your tanks inhabitants will not become stressed...

freckles

Originally posted by MR . SALTY:
<STRONG>Was that or any other rock recently added to your tank??Does this slime look kinda like spider webs?? If so,that is one of the signs of Uncured rock in your tank. Again,IF SO, It will cause a mini recycle as this rock cures.Watch your readings closley.Especially the ammonia.If it gets over 25,do a water change so your tanks inhabitants will not become stressed...</STRONG>
all the rock was cured and no new rock added.it just appeared in the shaded area and its not spiderweb like its more like jelly/slime looking?