HELP! just found baby jelly fish in my tank!

rort

i had the exact same things in my 55 awhile ago. They looked pretty cool but never worried about anything. They went away after awhile!

shaunalynna

Hmmm, another fun things to deal with in the tanks! I haven't seen anything like that in my tank yet! It's new as well thiugh. Sound interesting and scary at the same time! I do have to say though that the snowflake jelly looks adorable. Are they a problem in tanks or can they be kept and seen?

texasmetal

Originally Posted by Shaunalynna
http:///forum/post/2739474
Hmmm, another fun things to deal with in the tanks! I haven't seen anything like that in my tank yet! It's new as well thiugh. Sound interesting and scary at the same time! I do have to say though that the snowflake jelly looks adorable. Are they a problem in tanks or can they be kept and seen?
Hydroid jellies are very common in new tanks. You will most likely notice them on the glass. They will disappear after a few weeks, usually don't live long past the initial cycle of the tank.
I'm surprised someone actually caught one swimming around. Never seen that myself. Good eyes!

rort

I had a ton of them swimming around on my initial cycle! It was actually more fun to watch them than the 2 False percs I have, at the time (they are kinda boring fish!)

zeke92

probably hydroid..i have tons in my tank. don't worry, you probably have more then that one..i thought about doing some hydroid jelly research once and figure out how to keep them as pets. maybe you could try keeping them in a small tank if oyu like them