Help LEAK...I wish it was the tank!!!

litlepig11

We bought a "new" (1965) house in March...but have not moved in yet because there is this mystery leak we cant explain. The house is a "bi-level" being you go up a small flight of stairs to get to the first floor. so the floor does not sit ground level...when ever it rains and sometimes when it dosent we get a puddle of water in the middle of the living room floor...simple its the roof right...wrong...no leaks from above...6 roofers been out the roof is in great shape. we did have all the "boots" around the vents and stuff on the roof replaced but still the water comes in from somewhere...there are no pipes or sewer lines in the surrounding walls (witch are all dry) we cut the celling out of the basement so we could see from above thinking a pipe might run under but no...we have had 3 plumbers out...no it...any help or ideas on this would be great...pretty soon we are going to be homeless and i'll have to get some super solar system to run my tank...

litlepig11

Central Heat...its never been turned on since we bought it...the purcase was "as is" not contidute on an inspection

jennythebugg

is it level ? maybe the water is following a path from elswhere in the house. do any 'wet' rooms back up to that room like a laundry or bathroom

bigarn

Well it's coming from somewhere. You need someone to figure out where. You need to get an expert with a good reputation ... It should be a no brainer for them.

dragonzim

Would need a ton more pics and really would need to see in person to tell. I'm a Licensed Home Inspector and without seeing the house there is really no way to tell. Like already asked, did you get it inspected before you bought it?

litlepig11

No we did not get it inspected because it was an as is purchase...i would LOVE to get an expert to figure it out i just dont know as to what they would be an expert in...it does not have a full size attic but there is acces...NO water damage up there at all...we have sat up there while it poored out and not been able to find a thing...any other ideas???

reefraff

Originally Posted by litlepig11
http:///forum/post/3109822
No we did not get it inspected because it was an as is purchase...i would LOVE to get an expert to figure it out i just dont know as to what they would be an expert in...it does not have a full size attic but there is acces...NO water damage up there at all...we have sat up there while it poored out and not been able to find a thing...any other ideas???
Have you been having rain?
It is possible the water is getting in from the side of the house and wicking into the wood flooring. If the siding is easy to remove I would pull a few pieces off the side of the house where your floor boards run to and check for moisture.

dragonzim

Originally Posted by litlepig11
http:///forum/post/3109822
Just because it was an "as-is" purchase you absolutely should have had it inspected. That would have at least told you if you were wasting your money on the home. Sorry...